Subaru has set over a vehicle that is very popular in their lineup this is the 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring. In this review i'm going to go over top 5 likes and top 5 dislikes.
Likes and dislikes about 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring
5. is going to go to the fact, that Subaru still offers this SUV with a 6-speed. that's right! you can get a 6-speed stick on the base 2.5 liter engine and Subaru offers it on the base and the upgraded premium trim which is definitely a new feature. I believe it is the last compact SUV on the market to offer a six-speed stick.
4. is going to go to the company's very strong reputation for reliability and resale value. And it's really shown throughout the years especially in their sales. I mean, the company did 600,000 units last year and they're on target to easily break a million units within the next few years.
3. is going to go to be very simple yet attractive interior design. I also especially like the new brown leather option that Subaru is offering on the Touring trims. It just makes for a much more luxurious looking, and in the past Subaru's have been criticized for being very bland. Very cheap and with the newer designs you definitely can't really say that anymore about a Subaru interior.
2. Now Subaru offers eyesight driver assist in technologies on three different trim levels, and it works very well it's not terribly expensive to add it, and it has full speed ranges active cruise control, lane keep assist, automatic emergency breaking with pedestrian detection, it all is a very nice package it's nice to see. a small company like Subaru offering very advanced driver assistance features like this.
1. Favorite feature about the 2017 Subaru WRX is the upgraded turbo engine, and thus 2 liter Boxer 4-cylinder with direct injection pumps on a very healthy 250 horsepower and 250 pound feet of torque. Now this engine sounds familiar, it is the same motor in the current WRX. So this literally makes it be WRX. And those of you who want something that's fast you're going to be very impressed the moment you drive the Subaru Forester turbo.
No cars perfect, so I'm going to talk about my top five things that I dislike about the 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring
5. Number 5 is going to go to the lack of Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Now Subaru has aimed all new head unit that they just showed their suspected they just introducing the new Impreza, and unfortunately that newest 10 unit is not in this car. They did update the head unit for 2017; however it is still missing a very critical feature of Android auto and Carplay.
4. Number four is going to go to the fact that it's missing a couple of features. My tester is a fully loaded XT Touring and it's missing an auto dimming rear-view mirror and factory remote start. now I believe you can add both of those as a dealer accessory, however at this price fully loaded which is honestly a little bit more expensive than most of its competitors, I think Subaru should have thrown throw them in from the factory.
3. Number three is going to go to the fact that the base motor the one that most of you actually buy the 2.5 liter. I think I find it to be a little bit sluggish especially with the CVT pairing, the turbo engine is always a great choice however it carries a very steep $4,000 price tag which is not something that a lot of consumers are easily or can easily. Justify my recommendation test drive both motors because I find the turbo once you drive it it is easily worth the upgrade, it's just a really expensive upgrade.
2. Number two is going to go to the fact that the CVT despite how good it is, is Subaru’s latest living or tronic CVT. it is definitely showing some initial lag at a tip in. I mean I don't know if it's the turbo engine being laggy or the transmission getting its thoughts together. But it has an initial CVT lag but once it gets going, this thing really just takes off like a rocket.
1. Finally my number one dislike about this 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring is the expensive as tested price. Now my tester has tested is literally $36,745. Which is easily about three to four thousand dollars more expensive than fully loaded versions of its top competitors?
Some of you may argue the fact that it has this turbo engine that is just quick, it may be worth it really depends if you are fan of the Forester you want them to allotted, you're going to have to pay a little bit extra to get a 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring